Thursday 26 January 2012

Art-Niks

I felt adventurous today.
The sun shone with such gusto that one could overlook all the frozen
puddles (and frozen extremities) as I made my way to the small
sidestreet, Oldenburger Strasse, what I would see as Moabit's shining
light of hope. I was happy to find that since my last visit there are a
couple of new shops and galleries there worth visiting. I chatted to
Suzanne Reed of Art-Niks for at least an hour about her lovely glass
creations and experiences in Germany.
The picture in this post is the ornament I purchased. I don't think the
photos really do it justice, the iridescent shard doesn't really come
through, but it's a mysterious piece. She also has some stained glass
pieces, but do check out the website, www.art-niks.com -or even better,
drop by and have a chat, take something home. You can even make requests.