Tuesday 2 April 2013

Week 13

13 Weeks into 2013 -it is April- and snow still lies in dirty piles on the sidewalks and streets of Berlin. The sun is making every effort to rub in that temperatures hover merely a few degrees over freezing (or
under it) and the days are steadily getting longer. I spent a great amount of time reading Life of Pi (again) this week, using the easter long weekend as the perfect excuse, instead of chowing easter bunnies and eggs. In fact, I was too busy destroying Zerg, Protoss and Terran forces to notice. Also saw Les Miserables, which, for a musical, was quite spectacular. And attempted to learn to play Mah-Jongg (the real way) My only conclusion is that this game was contrived to render any hapless foreigner utterly confused, as there appears to be no particular logic to the rules. Why I drew us as crickets? I don't have all the answers.